NELI Fall Powerpoints
Thank You For Joining Us!
Thank you for joining us in Austin, Texas for NELI Fall Conferences! The turnout and feedback for both conferences was great, we hope they provided you with information you can use going forward. And the date for our NELI Houston Conference is set! (February 28, 2020). And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook!
Links to the presentations used during the Conferences are listed below. Simply click on a link to download any powerpoint you are interested in keeping:
- Is That an Expellable Offense?: Exploring the Expulsion Process and the Services Provided During the Expulsion
- Things You Should Know Before Calling the SRO: School Resource Officers and Special Education
- How Many Square Feet Does the Room Need to Be?: Understanding the Time-Out, Seclusion and Restraint Laws
- What is “Psychological First Aid” and the School’s Responsibility to Provide It?
- Developing and Operating Campus Threat Assessment Teams to Effecitvely Identify, Manage and Assess Threats at School
- Solving the Dyslexia Puzzle: How to Effectively Identify and Provide Services
- The Good, The Bad and the Ugly: How to Handle any ARD Situation
- Homebound, Shortened Day and Early Release: How to Navigate These Requests
- “How Does That Make You Feel?”: When Counseling Should Become a Part of an IEP
- Evaluating for Written Expression With or Without Dysgraphia Under a Specific Learning Disability
- Elmer Dysgraphia Conclusions (from Cheramie presentation in Word format)
- Providing Related Services and Speech from Evaluation to Dismissal
- A User Friendly Guide to the Special Education Differentiated Monitoring System
- Health Services in School: Where is the Line Drawn Between Medical and Educational?