Pre-Conference Day on Behavior : December 9, 2019
Main Conference : December 10 – 11, 2019
Doubletree by Hilton Austin
6505 Insterstate Hwy 35 North
Austin, TX 78752
NELI Conference Registration Now Open!
Join us in Austin, Texas this December for up to three days of training from attorneys and educational experts! You can register for either the pre-conference or main conference, but if you attend both, you’ll save $35. You can register online or download the Conference brochure and fax in your registration (there is also a Conference brochure attached to this email).
Pre-Conference Day on Behavior
Registration is $185.00. The law pertaining to behaviorally-challenged students is ever-changing. NELI’s Pre-Conference Day on Behavior promises to deliver training on some of the most critical issues regarding this complicated subject. Whether you’re a first-year teacher, special education veteran, or seasoned administrator, our experienced attorneys and behavior specialists will bring you up to speed on topics such as:
- Is That an Expellable Offense?: Exploring the Expulsion Process and the Services Provided During the Expulsion
- Things You Should Know Before Calling the SRO: School Resource Officers and Special Education
- “How Many Square Feet Does the Room Need to Be?”: Understanding the Time-Out, Seclusion and Restraint Laws
- What is “Psychological First Aid” and the School’s Responsibility to Provide It?
- Developing and Operating Campus Threat Assessment Teams to Effectively Identify, Manage and Assess Threats at School
Registration is $260.00. When you are in education, sometimes you have to think like a lawyer. A solid knowledge of the laws governing special education will give you confidence in the classroom. The 27th Annual Disabilities Law Conference is the ideal way to get up to speed on disabilities law. At the Main Conference, expert school law attorneys and educational experts will discuss timely subjects including:
- A User Friendly Guide to the Special Education Differentiated Monitoring System (presented by the Associate Commissioner of the Office of Special Populations and Monitoring, Texas Education Agency)
- Solving the Dyslexia Puzzle: How to Effectively Identify and Provide Services
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: How to Handle any ARD Situation
- Homebound, Shortened Day and Early Release: How to Navigate These Requests
- “How Does That Make You Feel?”: When Counseling Should Become a Part of an IEP
- Evaluating for Written Expression With or Without Dysgraphia Under a Specific Learning Disability
- Providing Related Services and Speech from Evaluation to Dismissal
- Health Services in School: Where is the Line Drawn Between Medical and Educational?
Can’t Make it to The Conferences?
Let NELI’s products bring the training and tools to you! Our NEW Dyslexia Folders are ready for shipping! Or, choose from our Section 504 Desktop Reference, MDR for Special Education Desktop Reference or our Restraint & Timeout Desktop Reference. Our General Educator’s Guide to Accommodations DVD provides real-life scenarios that educators at all levels are certain to encounter. All items are available for immediate shipment – order yours today!